Alpha Q b cos (UR/18) n sec C2

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Got WOODS'? -- Best Remedy for Murphy's Law

Hey folks. Ever wondered how life can change in a split second. For most, there's probably a few instances where you almost got killed, or almost killed someone, or witnessed alike. I almost blinded my co-workers today.

Yeah worked today on my Sunday shift, thinking that I can leave early to go for sax class. Wishful thinking... but then again what could go wrong? -- Those were my thoughts at 2p.m. today. By 5 p.m. I was once again reminded how fragile situations can get, and things can happen in a split second. Very very fortunately, no one really got injured.

As my fellow engineer and I troubleshooted the problems with our polyimide machine, I was triggered to see my godson Track 36. There was a pump issue. So I decided to N2 purge the pump to rid of bubbles. I had 2 AE's with me at that time. I asked one guy to help me hold the N2 valve open while I opened the valves on the pump. Then a loud explosion took place right behind me. Without looking I already knew what had transpired. It sounded like a really large balloon had popped. I saw splashes around me... at the same time I felt my back wet... I quickly turned back and saw that the plastic bottle that contained the chemical had bursted due to excessive pressure. The two guys had walked away, and I quickly checked on them. To much of my relief, the valve handler was unharmed (to my amazement actually), whereas the other guy, who stood further, had some chemical in his eyes. I asked him to go wash off immediately. Luckily he turned up a few moments later ok.

The whole fab could hear the explosion. But we did not explain in length what had happened. Luckily there was no injury, fab evacuation or damage to the machine. The chemical was aquatar, a water based photochemical, and it could be easily wiped off. It behaves exactly like soap water, much unlike the other viscuous photochemicals that we have. Otherwise the effect could have been much worse.

So here I am now, still pondering how things had gone today. I initated some problems with the polyimide machine also, and that caused us a lot of pain. Basically I was a wreck today. I am still a little shaken and worried that I cannot explain my cover story in tomorrow's meeting. But looking at how things could have gone worse, I guess I am sitting on a pot of gold. And as I do so, I enjoy my true friend indeed --> WOODS' Peppermint. It really calms me down... From now on, this will be my weekday substitute to alcohol. And... my weekend substitute to a prostitute.... Neh... I just had to say that coz it rhymes :) The ...world.... looks.... gee, it looks oval from here man!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home