Alpha Q b cos (UR/18) n sec C2

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Back to be Hokkiense

Hi Furdelance, today has been slack for me. Yesterday I bought me a phone with Starhub, signed a freakking 2 year contract. Got me a nokia 7260, which I thought was a fair deal. Next I am thinking of getting me a game, which can as well keep me entertained when I have nothing to do, no interviews, bla bla. Just miss the life in Melbourne. Besides being hot, the stress gets to you a little. Hearing stuff from counterparts can be a challenge, especially from those ppl who'd happily dispense career advise when deep inside noone actually knows, or can be sure about their own job. Still, its better than not having one yeah.

It sux when it rains a lot everytime you wanna go out. Thank goodness I haven't been caught in a downpour but I think one of these days my luck will run out. Been back here for one week, and not a day went by without raining. Nevertheless, it isn't a bad thing either, when you r indoors, as it coools down the hot hot hot weather.

Will be looking for more jobs come next week. Cross me fingers that I land myself in one really lucrative one. One thing that I had to get accustomed to, apart from the weather, is the language. A week ago, I spoke mostly Cantonese with Allan and the rest. Now, its Mandarin and Hokkien heaven here in Singapore. Yes, I am a frikkin Hokkienese again wif my usual orders of "Teh Peng", "Mylo Peng"/"Tat Kieu" (Ice Milo), "Aye hiam" (with chilli) etc. and these things get me by everyday. In Melbourne, the only times when I used Hokkien terms were those that come along the lines of odourous parts of the anatomy. To think that my next coupla years is gonna be so different from that of Melbourne is a challenging thought. Then again, I'd like to believe I can live with it and am versatile wherever I go. A saying in Malay says "Di mana bumi dipijak, di sana langit dijunjung", which means wherever I am, I'll get accustommed to the environment. For the time being, its just the memories of the good old times that cloud my forward vision.

Okaylah, I think its just too late in the night and I am not making sense. Anymore would be xtreme bullshit. Tmr meeting Oaky and her friends for lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home