Alpha Q b cos (UR/18) n sec C2

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My new lappie

Haha, juz got me my first laptop and am trying it out right now. For 1.2K it kinda exceeds my expectations. I mean its got wireless and CD burner, and set up took me about 10 mins. Yes I know its a Dell but I think its value for money anyway. I think I will call it "LapDance"...

Just some quick updates. Been a year since my last update. Today is about my last full day in Singapore. Been back here for 2 years liao... So many things have happened. I will be returning to Malaysia for about a month before I go down to Aussie. Been kinda having mixed feelings about this move. I guess all the excitement and opportunities in Singapore does take its toll but at the same time rewards you with some perks. I guess I leave this place because I have no space of my own most of the time. Great place to work though... a lot of excitement and mobility. Low taxes and CPF and affordability and not to mention cheap eats and goods... haha kinda makes me wonder why I want to leave in the first place. Bummer...

Left work a month ago, after two long years of high stress days and nights that left me little peace. But am going to miss those peeps I worked with. Wafer fabs aint for the faint hearted. Been bumming a lot, mostly catching new and old episodes of South Park, watching VCDs and stuff. Did a lot of admin stuff with myself, mostly some funds management and restructuring my portfolio.. Basically --> reducing the complications of having too many accounts and credit cards. These can be a handful sometimes when you think about it. So, I have reduced to 1 Credit card and 1 bank account in Singapore and that pleases me. 1 Bank account and 1 Credit card in Aussie should suffice until I have enough money. 1 Bank account and 0 credit card in Malaysia because currently that is my portal for funds management. In other words... Singapore operations has shut down...

Some ppl ask what I was going to do in Malaysia for 1 month. Frankly speaking, 1 month is very fast and scary. You may have thought of doing so many things at the onset but at the end, you are chasing for it not to end so fast, haha, like my one month in Singapore. Call it a birthday break if you like. I thought I would be doing fun stuff on my own like exploring and taking pictures in the less visited places of interest (I mean those nice cafes tucked in the nook s and corners of Singapore that I have never paid due pilgrimage to) that are not tourise spots. I figured at 30, I am still having multiple dilemmas about which country to invest my future in. Each has its perks and turnoffs and most of you who read this should know. One of the immediate impacts would be the price of teh tarik in Aussie that is readily 300% of what it costs in Singapore. That and along with some other things. I guess if life was easy and all downhill after uni... Hehe, I got it all wrong. You see what I mean? Now it would be real easy if i came straight from Malaysia or Ethiopia, because I wouldn't think twice about moving over. Singapore with all its Money and proximity to Malaysia is damn alluring, but lacks space. Weather is a matter of adaptation and perception and I have come to agree with that notion only recently.

Really am going to miss my colleagues, especially my mentor Rasheed. That dude is an awesome guy and has taught me countless things about surviving in the company and in the outside world. From being prodigee to being his back up, never regretted the two years working with him.

Am going to miss the Sunday BK - Starbucks hang outs with Zac. Seems like we never could get sick of it. Would miss the visits to Public House (a small pub tucked in the corner of Hotel Rendezvous), the Bukit Batok dinners with Beast and gang, and mostly the daily bitching of work under Yellow Top. Also all the guys who worked with me in Sunday Shift, coz its hell on Sunday, and butter on Monday. But we somehow prevailed. Don't quite miss my machines though, but I do miss the times on HR training, the people I met and all the times that I had spent in the fab struggling to up the machines. Also I miss my cubicle and the people in office.



Picture of MY FAV HOEGAARDEN in Public House :)

Wow my room is so messed up and looks like I am never going to leave this place. Congatulations LapDance, you have made it to 2nd spot on my asset list, after my sax. And oh, welcome to the family.. :)

Ciao for now.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Me! said...

hey...

looking forward to seeing you back here again... don't worry.. you'll get used to life here without you realising it! :)


Me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home