Alpha Q b cos (UR/18) n sec C2

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

90 bux for a headjob

Oh my head hurts... literally. Last night worked till real late, the incentive being today I could be off if I worked beyond 2 am. But what a price to pay. I was working on T14 over a repeated cases of rinse flow errors. Thats about more than 10 hours of work put in by my colleague and I prior to that. I decided to stay on to monitor the machine while it ran production.

At 3 pm the problem was not solved yet, but I had no clue what else to try. At the same time, T35 was down and was being attended by one of the AE's in the line. So I decided to go help. While crouching to look at a chemical buffer tank below, I forgot that the chemical rack above was drawn out... and KRONGGG! I had a splitting knock on the head. I looked around to see if anyone saw that and thought it was funny, coz I felt embarrassed and would certainly laugh along. Well it was painful really but somehow overcame the pain with thoughts of more painful incidents. I think I hit a corner of a piece of panel at tangents. Lucky it was chamferred.

So I went on... looking a the front of the machine. As I went along, I touched and felt my head... maybe to feel for blood, if not, just to soothe the pain at least. Then it happened... on my gloves I saw red! Quickly I took a look at a reflective stainless steel panel on the machine... Red! Red! And it ain't red coloured photochemicals this time! Blood has seeped from my head through the hairnet onto the hood of my bunny suit. A patch of bright red soon formed on the hood. I panicked a little. Quickly raised the hood and hairnet, and the AE whom I was working with told me theres a gash.. and asked me to go wash immediately. Gash!? Never had blood coming out of the head before!

2 hours and $90 bux later (After a visit to a 24 hour clinic at Bkt Panjang) at 5 a.m., I was already seeping Milo at the Kopitiam downstairs. It turned out to be superficial, though the gash was about 2 inches in length. I was so relieved. Sigh, job hazards. Clumsiness or am I really getting old? My head still hurts like its been squeezed outta proportion.

Sometimes in life I feel like I needed a 'knock in the head' moment. Just to let me rethink and regain the bearings around me. Don't you wish it too? Sometimes you do get it, but other times like this, you get a real, hard knock. Hey, this one's more costly for less benefits.... so to make it worth I will pretend its a wake up knock as well.

4 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Janz said...

haiyoo..so careless..take care ah!! meet up soon k...

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Furdelance said...

Thanks u take care too.

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Me! said...

that's it!! haha... time to pack up and head back here dude! :) Time for a steamboat with you, me, Allan and Bryan! :)Too bad it cant happen this year!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Furdelance said...

Thanks mate. I will take u up on that. Patience... there will be a time when we will steamboat all we want.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home