Alpha Q b cos (UR/18) n sec C2

Sunday, September 12, 2004

Jalan Kilang calling

Oh hi there furdelance! Haven't seen u all weekend. How have u been? Juz has been a lazy weekend with lotsa sleep. Last night we went over to Lai & Evelyn's place in sa city for their joint birthdays. The food was so good (thanks to Eve's mum). Neways, were not quite keen for ktv bcoz pockets run dry quick these days, when u r struggling to meet up with where ur bills left u. Well, this is an appetizer to the more bitter world out there. Can expect worse days to come. Eventhough with a executive/professional level job back in Sgp, more commitments will arise. Simple things like paying back to parents the $$ eventhough they never ask for it.

Like tday I made a simple calculation, for my 4.5 years here in Aust, I owe mua parents a dear sum of (undiscounted) 4*12*1000 = $48K++ for living expenses. Once discounted I suspect it could be around 60K. That not inclusive of plane tickets, major purchases, etc... should come to a hefty $70K Present Value. Convert back to ringgit *3 = $210K of good freakking ringgit money. Come to think of it, we'd be much more comfortable wif that money secure in any investment. For those who's not familiar, this amount of money can buy a house the size of Turnbull Avenue, in a an comfortable location in Melaka and rent it n u can expect RM$500 cash cow mooing in each month. Or, conversely, my dad would be most happy to buy a brand new all options Merc or BMW. Well 2 degrees for a Merc. At the end of 5 years, u proly can still sell the Merc for half of what it's worth, which will be RM100K. In retrospect, its a huge wonder if I can save the same amount. Let's back calculate. If I am good enough to save a $SGD1K per month, for 5 years, I would be able to amass arnd $60K sgd, loosly translate to RM150K. Fair enough, that's when I dun spend a lot and make no major purchases or any downpayments for any HDB or house in Malaysisa.

Basically, I owe my ass to mua parents. Perhaps I'll consider working at Jalan Kilang in Melaka, where u-noe-who's do u-noe-whats (Have sum imagination). Oh Furdelance, can u please advise?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home