Alpha Q b cos (UR/18) n sec C2

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Looking my behind in the past ah

Ok it's like 5:50 pm and me in the computer lab. Body still sore since yesterday's work. Yesterday's total register: about 80 bux in total. Even during guitar class, I was like lost half the time. Man, and I'm not the student.

Nothing much happened since last entry. Just woke up like 2 hours ago, listened to some music and here I am. Had missed a whole day's worth of sunshine and have not rewash my pile of laundry that I had unwittingly forgotten and left to air dry over the weekend. Paiseh man.

Currently am reading: VCE economics, becoz me want to be very economic.
Learning how to: Draw ppl in the nude. From this book whose nude drawings I imitate
Have to: Call up more recruitment agencies so that can have summore work.
Trying to figure out: Where n what to eat for dinner.
Feeling: Err... can I use the word 'indifferent' here?

As this chapter (Australia) draws to a close, another looms ahead. At the moment the immediate concerns are how to successfully and objectively carry out my relocation back home. Again I can't help but to reminisce and bring myself back to the time when I just came here. Sorry me still dwell on the past. I remember my first night here was frigidly cold, staying in my uncle's house. That was the first time I came to know what's a doona (and how bluddy useful it would be for the years to come), the first time I felt absolute frigidness that wasn't caused by no freakking air-cond, and the first time I felt alone. I remember the first people I met, Alex, Freddy, CH, Ellyne, Pooi Yeng, Sun, Josiah, James, WK, Ngioko during orientation. Everyone's story I also chapchitka and paid personal interest to. The first Kangaroo I met was in Gumbaya Park, the place we went to for Monash Big Day Out. It was also the same day that I'd realised the questionability of ppl studying at Caulfield. Bcoz someone eventually realised that the convoy had left one Caulfield guy behind in the Park on a winter day when sunlight was scarce. I remember that and other things. Imagine how things played out since those days. Stragely then, I never realised that I would play significant roles in planning and organising the three MI orientations to come.

At that time I looked at everything with the same wonder as a child would in a new place. I mean, at 23, I was above it all (Gee, I like to use tis phrase...works everytime as mood starter). Naturally, being mostly the most senior then, ppl had looked to me for decisions. Over the years, I had dwelled in many groups of friends. Not talking about having pockets of friends at any given time whose interests and group behaviour differ. Cronological friends, if I may, mark the periods in time through life. With the uni semiannual semester system, life goes on still when your friends of years leave. I must have sent one or two dozens of good friends off at the airport through the years, bidding goodbyes only to wonder if we'd ever see each other again. It's hard to imagine a friendship forged for years or months suspends in time with a hug or a handshake. Have seen so many pple come and go and now trying a seek out those I'd lost over the years, perhaps to salvage a would-be lost friend. Now at 27, I have already come to terms with this. People, friends, colleagues come and go. Fortunately, we live in a world where email, msn, friendster (my current favourite!) and other internet frillies exist. So, physical farewells could mean doors open to eventhough less intense, nevertheless sustainable virtual friendships over the net. Alleluia!

Don't know if I even make sense at all but I just feel an need to mark the past few years of my life, especially when I will be facing impending feelings of loss of common environment, with some form of encapsulation. Sometimes, first times make the freshest of memories. Also, for early memories at the beginning of a voyage can be more vivid than any in betweens...

Yesterday I reminisced about Caulfield racecourse, today about first months ini Australia. Because me feeling 'indifferent' about anything at the moment, me ain't deriving any other pleasures from writing these other than that of reflections for the past years, where I'd come, what I did, and where I'd be going. Something like looking my behind in the past loh... u knowlah old ppl like me must talk a lot about past experiences one. Damn iya-iya... How about yours? ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home